Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Sock Hop at SCE

Kindergarten is so much more fun than when I was a child.  For starters, the kindergarteners now are more advanced than when Steve and I were children.  I remember learning the letters of the alphabet, with different blow-up letters each week.  Nowadays, the children enter kindergarten knowing their letters, some sight words and number skills, some can even read!

Some of kids can already count, but they are teaching those that can't how to count to 100.  Walker can count by 5's, 10's and now 1's to 100.
He also knows all of his letters, their sounds, and about 30 sight words (3 months into the year).

But the highlight to kindergarten is all of the fun stuff, like the sock hop which celebrates the 50th day of school!  Walker was so excited, mainly for milkshakes, but I am proud of him for allowing me to do his hair differently than the typical combover he rocks proudly.

The boys in Walker's class

Cutest 50s boy around!
His gel didn't hold his comb back hair all day! :)

He was nervous what others would think, but was genuinely happy when he got to school and saw classmates dressed similarly to him.  Love my type A little man, and can't wait to see how the rest of this year pans out.