Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It Can't Be.....25 Years Since SMU!

Certainly my life has changed a great deal since graduating SMU back in 1994.....I moved to Madison, WI and graduated from graduate school, moved back to Peoria and had two jobs, then made another big move to Alabama where I have embarked on several different jobs, got married and birthed three children.  Yet when I get to hang with my Kappa pledge sisters, it is hard to believe that 25 years have gone by.

SMU campus has changed a lot too (so has Dallas)!  The students are allowed to tailgate now, dorms are all co-ed, there are several new multi-million dollar buildings, our sorority house has been remodeled and much more!  Going back is always fun, and the time I spend with my friends is so valued!

I kicked off my reunion weekend with a visit from Betsy Frederick.  She was kind enough to get me from the airport Friday morning.  Then we went shopping, ate lunch and did a little more shopping before calling it for the day.  As always, we have a blast catching up, and I so treasure my time with her and her friendship all of these years.  She dropped me off at the hotel, where I was sharing a room with Beth Griffith.

I hadn't seen Beth in a few years, so it was great catching up.  We chatted for a good hour before getting ready and meeting some folks out at The Lumen hotel bar for drinks before our class party. After a couple of hours, we headed to the home of Chad and Merry Vose (my pledge sister) for our party.  There was a great crowd, and our sorority was well represented that night.  Sadly we waited too late to get a picture, and some of the ladies had already left.
Pledge sisters and Hunter (who we couldn't shake from a photo)

Marisol and me

Beth, Kris, Kay, Cyndi and me (missed Elizabeth)
The class party went late, so we tried to sleep in some on Saturday.  We finally awoke around 8am, chatted some more and showered before hitting the boulevard and game.  After grabbing a light breakfast, we met up with Cyndi and then a few others.   We entered the game a little late, and were happily surprised to be sitting in the lower bowl on the 47 yard line!  We enjoyed pulling for our ponies, and it was quite the back and forth game.  We mingled with a few others, and ended in a box for the last half of the game.

After the game, Beth, Kris and I went to sports bar to meet up with some folks who were watching the Bama-LSU game.  We cheered them on until the very end, even though Bama lost.  After that, we moved locations to a tex-mex place and had more conversation, and some chips and salsa.  It was a long day, but we made it until 10pm.

I flew home the following morning, but my heart is full of fun times with great friends!


Peruna running across the field after a TD - a sight I didn't see much in college