So February 6th this year was a very sad day....Dad's first birthday since his passing. It was also Lucy's 8th birthday! We called Lucy to wish her a happy day, but I can't lie....I was sad. I cried, I reminisced, and I cried some more (especially when I spoke to mom). Then on Feb 7th, I picked her up at the airport and we cried again. It is hard, I am thankful that he is healthy and whole, but man how I miss the man he used to be and just knowing that he was here, that I could lay eyes on him, that my mom had a purpose every day.
 |
| Dinner her first night (Christian was at lacrosse practice) |
Nene is doing fairly well though. She stays busy having lunch and dinner with friends, bowling and seeing movies with friends. She arrived in town Friday afternoon, and that night we met Brian's family for a big family dinner. The next day we went to watch Preston play a basketball game, which went into triple overtime. Tough loss, but great game!
Afterward, Mom and I headed to Oak Mountain High School to save seats for all of our family who were coming to watch Bennett perform in her only local show choir concert. She was so excited to perform, and was ecstatic to have so many family members present to watch her (Mimi, Papa, Dan, Michelle, Sara (& her roommate), Brian, Shannon and the kids, Ada and Alexa McElroy and all of our family)!
 |
| Our family and so many other Homewood fans! |
 |
| Mizerany cheering squad |
 |
| Bennett with Ada |
 |
| B with Nene after her performance |
Homewood's Show Choir ended up with 2nd place, and everyone enjoyed the show. For the rest of the week with Nene, we just hung out, visited the library and enjoyed another busy week of school and practices.