Thursday, April 23, 2020

Happy 14th Anniversary to Us!

This year Steve and I celebrated our 14th anniversary.  Unlike past years, we couldn't go out and celebrate and have a little alone time due to the pandemic.  So we decided to make a delicious dinner at home (fillets, tasty grits, roasted veggies and a nice bottle of wine).  We showered, put on real clothes (since we have both been living in athletic clothing for the past 5 weeks), did our hair, and I put on makeup for the second time since we have been quarantined.

As I was getting ready, Walker asked if he could be our butler for dinner.  Side note....he has been OBSESSED with having his own butler for the past year.  In fact, last year for his birthday - he asked for a butler. So, when he offered to take care of us, I of course conceded.  Then he asked (really begged) if he could wear his bow tie for the night.

Since we have been showering infrequently, and Walker hasn't done his hair since school was cancelled, he had to shower too.  By the beginning
of our dinner...he was as cute as ever.  He served us wine on his hoverboard, got us water, cleared our plates and got us dessert.  He was the best part of our dinner....which we wouldn't have had if there wasn't a pandemic.

It was a great night, but I can't wait for the world to get back to "normal."  I'm ready to go out and have dinner with Steve, and travel with my honey.  Maybe our 15th year will be different.  Cheers to Miz and me.....to more fun memories, health, longevity, success and lots of laughs!
So I got dressed, but I didn't put on real shoes.