I let Spence out first thing and he was a little hesitant, not quite remembering what it was. However, he quickly warmed to the idea of playing in it. We got dressed and then bundled the kids up for a few photo opps. And that is when our crazy morning began....Bennett enjoyed being outside, but refused to wear her gloves so her hands got cold, and then she threw a temper when we wouldn't go to the park. She flung herself down in the middle of the road (thankfully no one was driving early this morning) and started crying. Steve brought her inside and the tears continued.
So I tried to bribe her with a shower (usually something she loves), but once again she kicked and screamed while being put in and the entire time in it. Of course the echos of her screams in the shower was enough to make about 50 new gray hairs come in on my head, so we quickly exited. I was bound and determined to go to church, if for no other reason to not deal with her for 2 hours. However, the tears continued and within 30 minutes I was opening a bottle of champagne and making myself a mimosa instead.
After eating some breakfast and recharging, we made a second attempt at going outside. This time Bennett was much more open to playing in it and having some fun. After several hours of it falling, I would estimate that we ended up with about 3 inches of it here in Birmingham.