People always say that the days are long, but the years are short with children. That is definitely the truth, and I am still shocked that our "big kids" are getting so old and independent. Preston turned 11 years old on Sept 16th, and just wanted to skip school. When I told him that wasn't an option, but that we would bring him lunch, he went ahead to school.
We started his day opening presents. Later that morning, Steve and I met him for lunch in the school cafeteria with Chick-fil-A, and he was all better. He did have a good weekend leading up to his birthday too, so I am sure that helped.
 |
| Nicholas Roitman, Luke S, Collier Hicks, Boone Aycock, P, Fletch and Bennett Smith |
 |
| Birthday morning |
He asked to have some friends over to play football, eat pizza, play xBox and spend the night. We agreed, and the group got along great and had fun. Since they all play sports, they all left early Saturday to get to their practices, but we spent the afternoon at a football party (with more of his friends).
The evening of his actual birthday, he had a football game against Briarwood. We grabbed an early dinner beforehand as a family, and then we were all there to watch his team play. Pres played the majority of the game, and had a great night. His team stomped Briarwood, and Homewood walked away with a solid win. Overall, I think Pres had a great birthday! Cheers to you buddy, and here's hoping this is your best year yet! We love you BIG!
 |
| Birthday lunch (with photo bomb from Boone) |
 |
| Happy 11th Birthday Preston! |